Postings are the focus of the billing document. Bookings each have one article as a basis and are linked to exactly one address. The individual postings form the invoice items in the subsequent invoice. There are 2 types of bookings, one-time payments and subscriptions.
In the basic billing settings, you can specify, for example, which templates are used for generating PDF documents and sending Emails to your customers.
In the basic data of the address, the billing document settings such as tax liability, payment period, payment type, etc. can be set for this address.
In addition, the tax number and VAT ID must be entered under “Basic settings >> Basic data”.
Postings can be linked in the Messenger and in task comments. To do this, enter B# followed by the booking number, e.g. B#1234.
Create a one-off payment
You create a new posting in the action bar by choosing Create >> Billing >> One-Time Payment or Subscription . A view for creating a one-time payment or a subscription opens. In the case of subscriptions, additional information on the duration, period of notice and renewal, etc. must be provided.
First, the account and linked item must be selected so that the remaining fields of a transaction can be set.
- Account: Select one of the created posting accounts for this posting. Each posting must be assigned to a posting account. You can use the plus to the right of the field to manage the accounts, i.e. create new accounts or delete existing accounts.
- Related Article: Select an article from the articles in the article management. The remaining fields are prefilled with the article data. They can now still be adjusted if necessary.
- Linked Property: Select the property to which you want to link the booking. Here you will find more information about property in the invoice.
- Linked Task: Select the task to which the booking is to be linked. Here you can find more information about tasks for bookings.
- Quantity: How many units of the item should be posted. Subscriptions with a number greater than one can still be split after saving.
- Net price: The net price of the one-time payment.
- Discount: A discount can be specified either as a percentage or a fixed sum. To do this, select between percent and the currency in the drop-down.
- Description: The description text of the article is displayed here.
- Invoice on: Set here when the entry is to be billed. On this date, an invoice is generated from the posting. If nothing is entered here, the invoice must be created manually.
Once you have set everything as desired, save the one-time payment via “Save & Close”. The booking is displayed in the booking list. Before the invoice is created, the entry can still be changed (except for account and linked article).
In the case of subscriptions, there are additional fields for the payment interval, terms, cancellation, renewal and start of payment.
- Payment Interval: At what intervals should the subscription be billed (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually). The payment interval from the basic data of the address is preselected.
- Minimum term: The minimum term for the subscription. The end of the term is shifted depending on the set minimum term.
- Notice Period: Up to how many months before the end of the subscription can be cancelled. As soon as the notice period has expired, the end of the term is moved into the future by the number of months in “Automatic extension by”.
- Automatic extension by: If the subscription is not cancelled, it will be renewed for the set number of months. When the subscription is renewed, an activity is written to the affected address and any associated property. “Automatic renewal” must not be 0. Please use the “Terminated on” field to specify the end of the booking.
- Start of term: Start of subscription.
- End of term: End of subscription. Calculated from start of term plus minimum term. If the end of the term would be in the past, the end of the term is shifted by the number of months in “Automatic extension by” until the end of the term is in the future.
- Start of payment: The period between the start of the term and the start of payment is not invoiced.
- Next bill on: The date of the next invoice. After creating the invoice, “Next invoice on” changes depending on the payment interval set in the address. The date “Next invoice on” must always fall on the first of a month matching the payment interval.
- Terminated at: Cancellation date of the subscription. As of this date, invoices will no longer be issued for this subscription.
- Description Term: The description text of the term of this subscription article is displayed here.
Proportional one-off costs may be due if the “Payment start date” is before the date from “Next invoice on”. In this case, an additional area “One-time share” is displayed in the booking mask.
The period for which the one-off share is to be calculated can be set via From-To. The one-time pro rata price in the “Price pro rata (one-time)” field changes accordingly and can also be changed manually. For “Due on (one-off)”, you specify the date of settlement for this one-off share.
As soon as the booking is saved, an additional booking of the type “one-off payment” is automatically created with the data listed here, if a one-off share exists. You will then also find these in your booking overview.
You can find a list of all bookings for this address on the Billing >> Bookingstab.
The columns of the list show the individual fields of the postings. As with most lists, the column configuration can be customized using the table icon on the right. The sorting of the list is set by clicking on the column headers.
Above the list, you can set the filter to display only active subscriptions or open one-time payments. At “Cancellation status” you can filter for cancelled subscriptions (“Canceled on” of a booking has set a date).
To the right of the filter, set the number of bookings to be displayed per page. Left over the arrows navigate between the pages of the list.
The most important information about the bookings, such as status, type or description of the booking, is displayed in the list.
A green dot at Status indicates that this booking is active. I.e. the one-time payment is still open or the subscription is still running.
Red dots indicate inactive bookings. The one-time payment is settled or the subscription is cancelled / terminated. A one-time payment can only be settled exactly once.
When hovering the mouse over a booking, icons appear on the right that trigger various actions.
Split : A subscription where the number of items is greater than 1 can be split into individual bookings.
Clicking on “Split” literally splits the original booking into two bookings. Almost all values are identical (exceptions: Creator, creation date, number). If the posting contains a fixed discount, this discount is removed during splitting. The postings should always be checked manually afterwards!
Edit The lightbox for editing a booking opens.
Most of the booking data can be edited as long as the booking has not yet been settled. Exceptions are e.g. account, the linked article or some data of a running subscription, which cannot be changed.
A more detailed explanation of the individual fields can be found above under “Create bookings”.
Open task : The task linked to the booking opens.
Open property : The property linked to the booking opens.
Under the list, the monthly revenues from subscriptions and the open amounts of the one-time payments that have not yet been billed are displayed together.
You can delete the posting by choosing Delete posting. To do this, the posting must not yet have been settled and must be active. For subscriptions, this means that the fields “Last invoice” and “Canceled on” are empty. In addition, write access to bookings is necessary.
On the Overview tab you will find a summary overview of all active postings, i.e. all postings that have not yet been settled. The most important data of all invoice items are shown. You can easily see here which bookings will appear in which invoice. The view is grouped by payment intervals and one-time payments.
The filter bar at the top can be used to filter by payment interval and account.
A preview of the invoice is generated via Preview . The drop-down arrows on the right can be used to display further, additional information on the invoice items.
For active subscriptions, a discount can be set for the next invoice via “Add discount”.