You are here: Home / Modules / Dashboard / Configuring Widgets / Birthday widget
With the birthday widget you always keep track of which of your contacts will have a birthday soon. You can set how many days in advance you want to see the birthdays, from which addresses you want to see them and much more, this is explained in detail in the configuration. The title in the widget frame shows the name as well as the corresponding configuration settings.
The birthdays of a 2nd person are also displayed, this and further details about the address can be displayed if you leave the mouse pointer a moment over the address record in the column “Birthday/Day2”.
You can generally specify which columns are to be displayed in the administration , there are entries with “Dashboard Widget …” in the list selection for the corresponding module. Each user can use the list configuration icon in the upper right corner of the widget to customize the columns.
Like all widgets, the birthday widget can be added multiple times. For example, you can display birthdays in one widget without a reminder, the archived addresses in another, and then decide every week whether an address is included that is to receive a card etc. “beyond the normal frame”.
Configure birthday widget
The wrench in the widget frame opens the configuration.
- Days; Here you can specify for how many coming days (up to 30) the birthdays are displayed.
- User / Group; One does not always want to see the birthdays of all addresses, usually only those should be shown, with which one is a caretaker or which belong to the own group. The address range can be set via this selection.
- Note reminder; you can store a reminder for the birthday in the address data record. In the widget you can display the birthdays with or without or both. Reminders that you have created for yourself are counted.
- Filter / Observe status; In addition to the “User / Group” selection, the address range can be further restricted here. For example, you can create a birthday widget that displays only archived addresses. If the Active/Archived selection is not sufficient, you can use individual filters to make further selections.
- Select Filter; here you specify the individual filter that further restricts the addresses. In the list, all filters that have been created as address filters appear. You can use it to enter different postal code areas or evaluate the contact types, for example, to display only the owners.
The selected configuration is shown in the widget title, so you can see the different address ranges directly if you have several birthday widgets